Official Kick-off to Festival Season in the Bay Area
17th Annual A La Carte & Art. The Bay Area’s popular outdoor festival season officially kicks-off in Mountain View at this vibrant celebration of the arts with two days of live music, a juried arts and crafts show with 200 of the west coast’s top artists showing their latest handcrafted wares, artisan specialty food purveyors, health and wellness displays, an organic and green products showcase, home and garden exhibits, festive food and drink with premium wine, microbrews, margaritas, mojitos, sangria and mimosas, a farmers’ market with fresh seasonal produce, a classic car show, kids’ amusements in the Tons of Fun Zone. Admission is free.
- Live Music…ten big name bands play an eclectic mix of classic rock ‘n roll, rhythm and blues, jazz, dance and party music on stage and street. The lineup includes gifted mariachi band Trio Estrella De Oro, Livewire, Zebop, Blue House, The Hitmen, The Groove Kings, Bob Culbertson, Oscar Reynolds, Ancient Winds, and Emerson & The Growiser Band.
- Contemporary Fine Art, Cool Crafts…200 professional artists and craftspeople show their latest handcrafted work in ceramics, fiber, glass, fine art, jewelry, leather, metal, paper, sculpture, and wood. Vases, clocks, dishes, wall and table decorations, stained glass, etchings, sculptures, photography, paintings, beadwork, jewelry, vests, handbags, hats, wallets, footwear, windchimes, and waterfalls will be among the fine wares available.
- Festive Food & Drink…crab cakes, fish ‘n chips, coconut-breaded shrimp, fresh roasted corn-on-the-cob, baked potatoes, bacon-wrapped hot dogs, hamburgers and veggie burgers, grilled catfish, jambalaya, teriyaki chicken and pork kabobs, tamales, tacos, made-to-order crepes, souvlaki, baklava, smoked bratwurst, Louisiana hot links, shaved ice, and smoothies.
- Gourmet Specialty Food … festivalgoers can sample and purchase artisan-produced edibles using the finest ingredients –– olive oil, barrel-aged vinegars, salad dressings, flavored almonds, cashews, pistachios, pecans, Kona coffee and more.
- Classic Car Show…car buffs will love A La Car & Art, a classic car show featuring the world’s coolest hot rods, macho muscle cars, sleek sports cars and tricked-out low riders.
- Farmers’ Market … farm-fresh strawberries, apricots, cherries, organic produce, honey, almonds, pistachios, walnuts from the Mountain View Certified Farmers’ Market.
- Kids’ Tons of Fun Zone…a 24’ climbing wall, inflatible slides and bounces, remote controlled NASCAR race track, face painting, temporary tattoos, Qtees handpainted t-shirts, cool dinosaur art, plus music, dance, games and prizes with the Radio Disney Road Crew.
WHEN: May 4-5, 2013. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days.
WHERE: On Castro Street, Mountain View, California; between Church Street and Evelyn Avenue. Get directions.