Menlo Park Celebrates Its 27th Annual Mid-Summer Festival of the Arts
Connoisseurs’ Marketplace, Menlo Park’s venerable festival of the arts marks its 27th year saluting the best of summer in supreme style … with live jazz, rhythm and blues, rock ‘n roll, dance and party music with headliners The Big Dig and The Groove Kings, a juried show with contemporary fine art and one-of-a-kind crafts by 250 of America’s best artists, chefs’ demos under a tent including famous TV chef and cookbook author Joanne Weir, artisan specialty food, health and wellness displays, a green products showcase, home and garden exhibits, festive food and drink with premium wine, microbrews, margaritas and mojitos, a collector car showcase, and captivating amusements, fun and games in the action-packed kids’ fun zone. Admission is free. Presented by the Menlo Park Chamber of Commerce.
- Live Music…an eclectic, fun-filled mix of classic rock ‘n roll, rhythm and blues, contemporary jazz, dance and party music on stage and street. The free “Saturday Twilight Concert” will feature The Big Dig, a sensational 12-piece funk and R&B band, from 5:30-8 p.m. in Fremont Park. The music lineup includes The Groove Kings, Six String, Drive, The Jesse Charles Band, SF Bay Jazz, HeartStrings Music, and Emerson & The GroWiser Band.
- Contemporary Fine Art, Unique Crafts…250 of America’s finest artists and craftmakers present their latest handcrafted work in ceramics, glass, fine art, photography, sculpture, jewelry, leather, textiles, metal and wood.
- Chefs’ Demonstrations…a festival favorite, chefs from top restaurants prepare favorite dishes, pass out recipes and share the secrets and shortcuts to kitchen success. TV chef and James Beard Award–winning cookbook author Joanne Weir is on at 12:45 pm Saturday.
- Festive Food & Drink…fresh roasted corn-on-the-cob, artichoke hearts topped with crab and shrimp, samosas, tandoori chicken, lamb and vegetarian, spit-roasted gyros, falafel, Philly cheesesteaks,barbecued oysters, crab cakes, smoked turkey legs, tri-tip and portobello mushroom sandwiches, garlic fries, smoked bratwurst and Polish dogs, tamales, tacos, quesadillas, garlic chicken and pork kebobs, pupusas, fish tacos, fish and chips, nan wraps, chicken and lamb curry, organic vegan curry, kettle corn, smoothies, Italian ice and more … complemented by premium wine, microbrews, refreshing margaritas and mojitos.
- Artisan Specialty Food…sample and savor artisan-produced edibles –– gourmet pomegranate products, locally-grown organic vegetables, salsas, balsamic vinegars and oils, mustard blends, curds and scone mixes, marinades and finishing sauces, exotic jams and jellies, honey and honey products, butters and chutneys, dessert sauces and more.
- Kids’ Fun Zone…temporary tattoos, face painting, giant inflatible slides and bounces, carnival and train rides, a 24-foot climbing wall, handmade fairy tutus, feather hair extensions, super cool fossils digs and dinosaur art, plus music, dance, games and prizes with the Radio Disney Road Crew.
WHEN: July 20-21, 2013. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The free “Saturday Twilight Concert” runs from 5:30-8 p.m. on Saturday, July 20 in Fremont Park.
WHERE: On Santa Cruz Ave. between El Camino Real and Johnson St., Menlo Park, CA.