43rd Annual Millbrae Art & Wine Festival
The Bay Area’s biggest Labor Day weekend event, huge crowds transform downtown Millbrae into the “Big Easy” with a Mardi Gras-style celebration featuring two sun-splashed days of live music with headliners The Sun Kings, Evolution, Replica, and Delta Wires, a juried show with 250 professional artists and craftmakers showing their latest handcrafted wares, festive food and drink, premium wines, microbrews, margaritas and mojitos, artisan specialty food, a microbrew tasting tent, an organic and green product showcase, home and garden exhibits, health and wellness displays, the “Classically Cool Car Show” and tons of fun for kids with the Streets Filled With Talent Music & Dance Showcase and an abundance of amazing amusements in Playland. Free admission. Presented by the Millbrae Chamber of Commerce.
- Stellar Live Music…nine big name bands playing a wide-ranging mix of 70’s disco, hip-hop, 80’s pop classics, folk, 90’s party music, R&B, soul, funk, classic rock and roll, reggae, swing and jazz non-stop on stage and street throughout downtown. The lineup includes The Sun Kings, Evolution, Replica, Rock on Broadway, Lava, The Delta Wires, Abandoned Space, Glitterface and HeartStrings Music.
- Fine Art & Cool Crafts…250 professional artists and craftmakers show original work in wood, leather, ceramics, metal, textiles, graphics, glass, mixed media, sculpture, jewelry, photography, watercolor and oil painting, and clothing.
- Streets Filled With Talent Showcase…sensational young performers strut their showstopping stuff in this Millbrae’s Got Talent-style showcase.
- Action-Packed Kids’ Playland…tons of fun and games with super cool face painting and temporary tattoos, Mobile Rock’s challenging 24-foot climbing wall, kiddie train rides, the Great Crab Grab, Speed Pitch, monster inflatibles and bouncers, ultra thrilling carnival rides, plus music, dance, games and prizes with the Radio Disney Road Crew.
- Fabulous Food & Drink…fresh, grilled corn-on-the-cob, garlic fries, teriyaki chicken, beef and pork skewers, spring rolls, chow mein, made-to-order crepes, spiced beef and lamb gyros, corn dogs, “Silly Spuds” potato spirals, Philly cheesesteaks, giant “bad ass” sausages, key lime/pesto calamari, gyros, kettle corn, frozen yogurt, smoothies, coffee drinks … complemented by premium wine, microbrews, margaritas and mojitos.
- Artisan Specialty Food…sample and savor artisan-produced edibles—spices, olive oil, dessert sauces, salad dressings, balsamic vinegars, flavored almonds, fruit butter, fudge sauces, fruit jams, honey, mustard, salsas, marinades and barbecue sauce.
- The Classically Cool Car Show…featuring vintage touring cars, custom hot rods, sleek sports cars, super cool low riders with live music, microbrew tasting tent and more.
WHEN: August 31-September 1, 2013 (Saturday-Sunday). Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
WHERE: On Broadway (one block west of El Camino Real), between Victoria Ave. and Meadow Glen, downtown Millbrae, California. From Highway 101 or 280, take the Millbrae Avenue exit west to El Camino Real north. Free round trip shuttle service from the Millbrae BART/Caltrain station every 20 minutes.