42nd Annual Mountain View Art & Wine Festival
Silicon Valley’s World-Class Art & Music Festival is a vibrant multicultural celebration featuring 600 professional artists and craftmakers showing exceptional handcrafted wares, stellar live music on stage and street throughout downtown with headliners The Groove Kings, Ruckatan, The Rhythm Vandals, The Boys of Summer, the Comcast Pigskin Party Lounge with giant screen TV, festive food and drink with premium wines, microbrews, sangria, mimosas, mojitos and margaritas, artisan specialty food purveyors, an organic and green products showcase, health and wellness displays, home and garden exhibits, sensational young performers strut their showstopping stuff on the Community Stage in this “Mountain View’s Got Talent” style showcase, and action-packed Kids’ Park with a special NASA Mars Rover Curiousity exhibit, Mobile Rock’s 24’ climbing wall, ultra thrilling bungee jumping, hula hooping, spine-tingling carnival rides and super cool body art. Admission is free. Presented by the Chamber of Commerce Mountain View.
- Exceptional Art, Fine Crafts…600 of America’s top artists and craftmakers show original work in ceramics, fiber, glass, fine art, jewelry, leather, metal, paper, sculpture, and wood. Gorgeous vases, flatware, clocks, dishes, wall and table decorations, stained and beveled glass, etchings, sculptures, photography, oil and watercolor paintings, jewelry, vests, handbags, hats, wallets, footwear, and waterfalls will be among the fine wares available.
- Live Music…thirteen dynamic bands playing live Motown, rhythm and blues, country, rock ‘n roll, jazz, soul, Latin rock-reggae, Americana, disco and party music on stage and street throughout downtown. The bill includes The Groove Kings, Ruckatan, The Rhythm Vandals, The Boys of Summer, Rodeo House, Duran Duran Duran, Emerson, Bob Culbertson, Aryeh Frankfurter, HeartStrings Music, Oscar Reynolds, Glitterface and Ancient Winds.
- Action-Packed Kids’ Park…a special NASA Mars Rover Curiousity exhibit, ultra thrilling bungee jumping, hands-on art booths, Mobile Rock’s 24-foot climbing wall, super cool body art, hula hooping, feather hair extensions, fossil digs, dinosaur art, the thrilling Froghopper, Kids Kopters, Uproar and Dixieland Twister carnival rides, one-of-a-kind themed inflatibles and bouncers, plus music, dance, games and prizes with the Radio Disney Road Crew.
- Festive Food & Drink…fresh corn-on-the-cob, souvlaki made with organic, locally sourced ingredients, Teriyaki chicken and vegetables, barbecue chicken and pork skewers, plump smoked sausages, paella, tacos, tamales, pizza, garlic chicken sandwiches, Parmesan-sprinkled garlic fries, tri-tip and pulled pork sandwiches, smoked turkey legs, smoothies, kettle corn and more. Plus premium wines, mimosas, mojitos, margaritas, sangria and microbrews with special seasonal craft brews from Tied House.
- Comcast Pigskin Party Lounge…kick back and watch NFL and college football and MLB games on a giant LED screen in the Comcast Pigskin Party.
- Mountain View’s Got Talent Community Stage…a dazzling array of gifted, young performers strut their showstopping stuff in this “Mountain View’s Got Talent” style showcase.
When: September 7-8, 2013. Hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days.
Where: On Castro Street between El Camino Real and Evelyn Avenue in Mountain View, CA.